Thursday, September 25, 2014

Mayor Bill de Blasio received a standing ovation after his speech at the British Labour Party’s annual conference Wednesday in Manchester, England.
Oli Scarff/Getty Images
Mayor Bill de Blasio received a standing ovation after his speech at the British Labour Party’s annual conference Wednesday in Manchester, England.
Mayor Bill de Blasio of New York, a virtual unknown not so long ago, is now determined to cultivate a profile on the international stage.


Former Mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani, a Republican, said that Mr. de Blasio had been unfairly criticized for his foreign travel, noting that the job demanded fluency in international affairs.
“When I ran for president, they challenged me on how much I knew about foreign policy,” Mr. Giuliani said. “I said I thought I knew more about foreign policy than most congressmen or senators.”

No comments: